Pipe installation is a significant cost factor in any main infrastructure project for raw water collection, water treatment facility, or transmission lines for irrigation. Non-corrosive materials such as Flowtite® are becoming more popular for these applications because of the outstanding life cycle cost performance, and because the elimination of the need to maintain cathodic protection systems means significantly reduced operating costs.
The following should apply to any transmission line:
- Water and irrigation networks must ensure supply from beginning to end
- Line friction losses must be low and line buildup must be kept to a minimum
- Must be easy to make emergency repairs
- Long-term maintenance costs must be as low as possible
- Must be able to withstand operational loads and those coming from machinery
- Must last for the whole investment period
Flowtite® meets all of these requirements.